Hands-on Coffee Tour
- Price:$39 (without lunch), $54 (with lunch)
- Meals:Lunch is optional
- Departure time:8:25 am,10:25 am, 12:40 pm, 2:40 pm
- Duration:4 hours
The tour includes:
· History of Coffee: Brief overview of how coffee was discovered and it's journey to Costa Rica.
· Coffee in Costa Rica: Step by step Costa Rican coffee carts are explained on the main coffee growing areas of Costa Rica and the importance of the cart for transporting the coffee in the early years of Costa Rica.
· Visit the nursery: Opportunity to have a closer look at the steps involved in the growth of the plant.
· Visit the Sustainable Plantation: In harmony with nature, the conditions for growing good coffee, the cycle of the plant during the year and the process of hand-harvesting of the beans are explained.
· Visit to the roasting plant: the roasting process and the physical changes it brings to the grain is explained further the importance of the tasting room and explained the work that is done at the plantation.
· Cupping session at the Theatre: Explanation of the importance of Master Taster, the master roaster, the physical differences that are observed in a roasting (aroma, flavor, color), coffee is prepared and finally two volunteers are invited to perform cupping.
· Tasting session in a tent: all participants are invited to conduct tasting different roasts we have, as well as our range of chocolates.
Our experts lead the way, bringing coffee's fascinating history and production cycle alive with homespun Costa Rican humor that appeals to coffee lovers of all ages. As songbirds chirp overhead, you'll brush up against real coffee bushes, savor the sweet flavor of a ripe coffee cherry, breathe in the tantalizing aroma of roasting beans and even taste coffee and coffee candy samples. Discover coffee's vital role in forging Costa Rican democracy and cultivating a national identity around hard-working, friendly and environmentally conscious 'Ticos', Costa Ricans' affectionate nickname.
Tour categories: Family, Relaxing, Romantic