Tortuguero 2 days / 1 night
- Price:$245 per person in a double occupancy room, or $284 single occupancy, $226 per person - triple occupancy, $210 per person quadruple occcupancy, $91 for kids 5 to 11 years \ (Add 5.5% if paying by Credit Card)
- Meals:(all meals)
- Departure time:5:45 am from our front door
- Duration:36 hours
- All taxes
- Bilingual guide
- Round trip bus & boat transportation from Adventure Inn
- Tortuguero town and National Park canal tours (To participate in tours each person is required to pay the National Park entrance fee of $15.00 )
- All meals
TWO DAY/ONE NIGHT SAMPLE ITINERARY
DAY ONE6:00 AM - Start your adventure with an early morning pick up from Adventure Inn. Absorb the natural beauty of Costa Rica as you travel on a guided tour from the city into the Braulio Carrillo National Park and through the agricultural versatility of the Limon lowlands, including pineapples, rice, cattle, a tour of a working banana plantation (closed Sundays and national holidays) and much more.
7:30 AM - Experience a typical Costa Rican breakfast along the way.
10:30 AM - Arrive to port and transfer to the Turtle boat. Enjoy a scenic ride on the Tortuguero River and the Tortuguero National Park canals as you voyage to Turtle Beach Lodge. Stop and tour the picturesque village of Tortuguero. About 1000 people live in the general area and a few hundred reside in the village proper. There are no cars or buses, no horns or fumes and little noise except for people going about their daily lives.
1:30 PM - Receive a friendly welcome to Turtle Beach Lodge with a cool, fresh fruit cocktail and delicious lunch buffet, then settle into your airy room.
3-6:00 PM - Relax as you explore the grounds and beach of the lodge, take kayaks or canoes out on our canals, swim in the turtle pool or schedule an optional tour with your guide.
7:00 PM - Buffet dinner in the candle lit Turtle Tavern and Restaurant. Afterwards, shoot pool or enjoy a nightcap in our bar rancho.
DAY TWO5:15 AM - Rise and shine! Enjoy Costa Rican coffee, tea and cookies in the restaurant to start your morning.
5:30 AM - Join the guided Canal Tour and experience the awakening of the jungle surrounding the canals as the animals start their day.
7-8:00 AM - Replenish with a healthy, typical Tico breakfast in the Turtle Restaurant.
8:30 AM - Check-out; please turn in your keys and any borrowed items, and settle your account at the hotel reception.
9:00 AM - Departure via boat on the canals.
10:30 AM - Transfer to the Turtle Bus and enjoy a safe voyage to your next adventure.
1:00 PM - Enjoy a typical CR lunch along the way.
3:30 PM - Drop off at Adventure Inn (drop off or shuttles to other locations available by prior arrangement).
To participate in tours each person is required to pay the National Park entrance fee of $15.00 Please be advised the above schedule is approximate and may vary slightly. Your guide will keep you informed as to exact times and meeting places.
WHAT DO I BRING?Casual is about as dressy as it gets at Turtle Beach Lodge. Comfortable, light-weight clothing is recommended - shorts, sandals, bathing suits and other beachwear are always appropriate.
- Long sleeve shirt and/or pants for jungle walks and evenings
- During turtle nesting season, please bring a set of dark clothes for the turtle tour
- Lightweight rain coat (ponchos are provided by Turtle Beach Lodge)
- Insect repellent and/or many of our guests swear by "Buzz Off" clothing
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Swimming attire and flip flops
- Hiking boots if desired (the Lodge provides rubber boots to wear in the jungle)
- Camera, lots of film or memory cards and a charger or extra batteries
- A lightweight daypack to carry cameras, poncho, sunscreen, water, etc.
- Prescription medicine
Tour categories: Family, Multi-night, Nature & Rainforest, Relaxing, Romantic